Thursday, December 3, 2009

Life full of blessings

On my way home from having the first playdate in a long time with two of my very best friends I realized how very blessed I am. I started this day feeling so tired and worn out by my stressful week. Every morning when I wake up until the time I go to bed I have been constantly thinking about work and how stressed I am. It has totally consumed my every thought. It wasn't until I was driving home that I realized I had not thought about work for the entire time I was with my friends. I spent the time laughing and catching up. When I left I felt lifted up and happy. What an amazing gift. These two people are the type of friends that define the word "friend". They are caring and sincere, and don't judge.
Prior to that I went to bible study, where there is another amazing group of women. The ladies in the group are all so committed to raising their children to be God fearing people. It is so helpful to hear what works for other people.
As I look back on this day I can only say God is good. It was as if he had planned this day himself. I needed this day. I needed to spend the morning praising God and asking for his guidance and the afternoon laughing and letting go. This is the best i have felt in a week.

No comments:

Post a Comment